Lisa Fishman is the author of five books of poetry, including F L O W E R C A R T, Current, and The Happiness Experiment. Her collection, 24 Pages and other poems, was published by Wave Books in 2015. The first Lorine Niedecker Poet-in-Residence in Fort Atkinson and Blackhawk Island, Fishman lives in Orfordville and Madison, Wisconsin. She teaches at Columbia College Chicago.
(Author photo by Elizabeth Park)
Brevity, oddity, familial joys and intermittent worries, and delight in rural space have come to be what we expect from Fishman.
Fishman is laconic, witty, and faintly elegiac...
Lisa Fishman is a writer who works —confidently, brilliantly—in close-up, often phrase to phrase, building texts that knock you over with their rhythms & insights even though it would be very difficult indeed to paraphrase what she’s doing.
Reviews of books by Lisa Fishman
24 Pages and other poems
- “Orfordville” (on Poets.org)
- “Heft” (in Poetry)
- “Surface Translations” (in Poetry)
- “Of Unknowing” (from the Woodland Pattern poetry archive)
- Two poems (in Konundrum Engine Literary Review)
- “Myth” (in GutCult)
- “Instructions/Confessions” (in GutCult)
- “Night in Växjö” (on Under the Midnight Sun)
- Poems from 24 Pages (in OmniVerse)
- The Conversant, with H.L. Hix
- Interview (begins at 13:00) by Christopher Johnson on Santa Fe's KVSF 101.5 podcast of Collected Words, Collected Works Bookstore’s weekly radio show
No readings are scheduled at this time.